So this is the moment you have all been waiting for. Isn’t it? 😛
Before announcing the results (hey hey hey don’t scroll down :P… You better read my crap first), I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you for taking part in the contest . This has been really fun. I enjoyed all the energy that you have all put in it. I enjoyed the entries as they came in and I enjoyed reading the comments on every entry. Although judging the contest was hell of a burden 😦 .
At one point of time I was even swearing myself, “Aisha why in the world did you have to throw the axe on your own foot.” Haha. Choosing one winner was such a hard job. I kept looping from one post to another and reading them over and again. Okay so here are the results :
The winner of “Picture Worth Your Words Contest” is….
Her poem is very different and I would give the credit to the different perspective of the writer who could see through the cold, scary and dark image and bring about an absolutely warm, beautiful and illuminated poem from it.
I may die, I may wither, I may snap
but i will never give up trying to help.
These are my favorite lines of the poem and it gives me an inner strength when I say these words out loud in my mind.
Having the winner announced, You have no idea how much I am dying inside me because all other entries are equally deserving so I came up with an idea.
I am giving away ONE TITLE to each of the entries based on the striking feature.
1. The Title for the “Best Reflection Of The Picture“ – Bridge Of Darkness by Olivia.
2. The Title for the “Best Defining Title To The Picture” – Guardian Angel by Christina
3. The Title for the “Vision Of True Love Beyond The World“ – Its Not Your Time by Christine Smith-Johnson
4. The Title for the “Perfect Conceptual Story To The Picture“ – When An Angel Cries by Rana Armoush
5. The Title for the “Breathing Story In The Picture“ – Have I Lost Him by Arun
6. The Title for the “Words That Reach The Soul“ – My Last Breath by Parry
7. The Title for the “Flowing River Of Rhythmic Words“ – Thousands Of Hands by Ahmad Khalifa
Congratulations Divya and congratulations to all the other contestants for their deserving titles.
P.S: Do tell me if you want me to start another contest (here I go again. Hitting the axe on my foot. LOL)
P.S2: Judging was conducted by 2 more people other than me. I would like to extend my Thanks to them for helping me out.